View our job opportunities:
Python Software Engineer, Semantic Technologies
(Freelance, 3+3 months)
Join a startup team of passionate employees who really want to make a positive change in healthcare and work in a dynamic and collaborative environment! Remote work is also possible.
We are looking for a freelance Python software engineer with experience in developing semantic technologies, creating, and validating knowledge graphs using the Shapes Constraint Language (SHACL). This is for a 3-month project with a possibility to extend for additional 3 months.
Why should you work at eHealtho?
- Create the solution that truly improves care
- Sharpen your knowledge by working with real operational data and systems
- Flexible working hours and the ability to work from anywhere
- The project is in its inception phase, we are evaluating full-time and part-time positions
- Combine your further education, or other challenge, together with real hands-on project
- Be supported with advice from an expert in the knowledge graph domain
- Highly collaborative environment, where ideas and knowledge sharing are actively encouraged
What impact will you have in this role?
As a Python Software Engineer, your goal is to further develop a pilot project at a healthcare institution. You will be responsible for designing and building data models, setting up the ETL integrations with the production systems, and transforming data into knowledge graphs. You will iteratively design the back-end based on identified business requirements prepared in collaboration with a business analyst and domain experts (preferably Dutch-speaking).
What does a Python Software Engineer do in his daily work?
- Analyse data sources
- Design ETL integrations that query data sources and model them into knowledge graphs at production scale
- Develop back-end and APIs that are queried by mobile and web applications
- Contribute to the analysis and further development of the user stories to technical specifications
- Testing and documenting the developed functionality
- Deploying iterative deliverables in validation and production environments
- Provide operational support during deployment
What experience does the Python Software Engineer need to be successful in this role?
- BS or MS or PhD in Computer Science or a closely related field.
- Developers with +3 years development experience
- A hands-on mentality with drive to support end-to-end rollout of an innovative solution
- Ability to work independently and in a team of remote colleagues applying Agile and/or Scrum methodologies
- Collaborate with domain experts and with partners to deliver solutions to pressing operational challenges
- Strong understanding of Knowledge Graph technology; RDF, Turtle en SPARQL and Shapes Constraint Language (SHACL)
- Working experience with SQL and an understanding of relational and NoSQL databases
- Developing back-end website applications and APIs in Python.
- Creating back-end long-running processing tasks
- Writing unit and integration tests.
- Familiar with Docker Compose, Docker, build and testing pipelines (CD/CI).
- Documenting in Jira and source control with Git.
- Preferably hands-on experience in healthcare applications and hospital workflow
- Maybe you already know TypeScript and React.js (a bonus!) or are happy to pick up what you need to know to contribute to our web portals and mobile apps when needed
Technology is your strength, but you bring more than just your technical expertise to the table – you have a strong focus on our users and helping them to achieve better care – and you care deeply about every step of the daily process for our end-users, and you help improve it continuously.
Don’t meet all the requirements, but still think you would fit in with us? Tell us in a cover letter how you can contribute to our team!
At eHealtho we understand diversity and inclusion in the workplace brings benefits to our customers, our business, and most importantly, our people. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and we provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.
Contact us with your resumé, cover letter, and availability